A battery is an essential device that we make use of in our daily life. Batteries are used as an emergency power requirement. You can run various electrical appliances; electrical vehicles etc. utilizing the power generated using batteries. There are multiple types of batteries available in the market based on the purpose and application you use it. It is essential that you know the manufacturing process of a battery so that you can choose the right type of battery for your requirement. There are various battery outlets in and around Chennai who offer quality batteries.
Applications that make use of batteries are automobiles, defense, railways, telecommunication, power stations, etc. They are mainly used in emergency situations when there is a power failure. The article below gives an overview of the manufacture of batteries.
UPS Dealers Understand the UPS & Inverter Battery Usage
The standard type of battery used for various applications is lead-acid batteries. These batteries are mainly used for automobile applications and also for installing UPS at home. They are recyclable and can reduce the impact of the environment. You can purchase suitable lead-acid batteries for from the best exide inverter battery dealers in Chennai. Here you can know about the components used for the manufacture of a lead-acid battery.
Components Of Tubular Batteries
The tubular lead acid batteries contain two different lead-based plates. These plates are immersed in an electrolyte solution. Sulfuric acid is used as an electrolyte in a majority of the lead-acid batteries. The lead-based plates are differentiated as a negative plate which is made up of lead and positive plate which is made up of lead oxide. A pair of lead-based plates can generate 2V of power. Thus for creating 12V of energy you need six pairs of lead plates. These plates are also referred to as anode and cathode plants. A separator is used to avoid the contact of the positive and negative plates. The battery comes with a case which holds the components of the lead-acid battery. There are cell connectors and terminals for the electrical connections inside the battery.
UPS Battery Dealers In Chennai List The Manufacturing Steps
The following are the steps followed in the manufacture of batteries.
- Oxide And Gird Production Process
- Pasting and Curing
- Assembling Elements
- Filling And Formation
- Charging and Discharging
Now lets understand about each process in detail below.
- Oxide And Gird Production Process: You may require a substantial mass of lead from the melting furnace for the manufacture of batteries. Lead oxide is produced by milling process or Barton Pot process. The next process is the making of the grid which is done by stamping and casting methods.
- Pasting And Curing: The pasting process in the manufacture of lead-acid batteries is a trademark secret, and it differs based on the manufacturer. Usually pasting is done with components like a lead oxide, red lead, diluted sulfuric acid, and water. These materials are used to the fill the grid. You must note that both the positive and negative grids are not filled with same paste material. The pasted plates are left for curing at a temperature of nearly 32 degrees in an oven.
- Assembling Elements: The next process in the manufacture of batteries is joining of the various elements mentioned above. A battery case is used for gathering the parts, and it is sealed using plastic moulds. A separator is inserted to prevent the contact of negative and positive plates to avoid short-circuiting.
- Filling And Formation: Now the battery is filled with the specific electrolyte solution using a vent tube. Now the battery is ready for charging. Initial charging may take several hours, and it depends on the size of the battery. Dry formation method and wet formation method are the two types of charge formation methods followed.
- Charging And Discharging: After the completion of the manufacturing process, the batteries are discharged check for any issues with the batteries. Now the battery is recharged and inspected in various conditions to rules out any defects. Now the final connections are given, and the necessary labeling is done to the market ready batteries.
The above are the things to know about the manufacturing process of lead acid batteries. You can find the find various ranges and models of lead-acid batteries across multiple battery outlets in Chennai. You can use this type of batteries for the UPS installed in your house.