A recent project Mahindra world City is going to be Chennai’s first place, based on environment-friendly principles. It is based on Zero Waste to Landfill Certification which means it is diverting industry waste away from landfills. This leads to a decrease of 115 tonnes of CO2 emissions every month. There are many other ways to minimize environmental damage.This includes investments on more solar, hydro and wind power.
When it comes to Solar power systems, they are divided into three types. On-Grid, Off-Grid, and Hybrid Systems. Nantech has got you covered for in-detailed information about On-Grid Solar System.
On-grid solar power is a system where the generation system is connected directly to the utility grid. The electricity produced through solar systems is routed to the primary utility grid from where the electricity is run through a house and further used for appliances.
These are also known as a grid-tie or grid-feed solar system. On-Grid solar systems are one of the most widely used solar power systems. With new technological advancements, people have started to rely on solar systems, and On-Grid being the most in-demand.
Benefits of On-Grid System
- First and foremost, the process is easy to install, maintain, and is hassle-free.
- On-Grid systems are cost-effective.
- Business owners and residential users can earn side income for the energy generated by the system.
- Private, Industrial, and Commercial avail ‘Accelerated Depreciation Benefit’ by setting up a solar PV rooftop system. The benefit is up to 80% in a year.
- At the rate of 80%, the project’s fundamental value can be covered within four years.
Working of the system
The system works in two ways.
- The supply of electricity can flow from the utility grid to users home and
- The flow of electricity from the user’s home to the utility grid.
These features make the On-Grid system highly useful and affordable. The solar panels installed on the user’s home are tied to the Grid. The panels convert sunlight into direct electricity, also known as Direct Current DC). This current is then stored in a solar inverter. The Solar Inverters then convert Direct Current to an Alternating Current. Alternating Current (AC) makes the power accessible and ready to use for electrical items. The electricity is routed to the utility grid, where it is supplied for day to day use.
The grid tier inverted additionally regulated the amount of voltage of electricity used for the household requirements since all the collected power is mostly much more than household usage, needs, and is usually higher than it can handle. One of the essential features is the net meter. It is a device that records and measures the energy supplied to the Grid and the energy consumed.
At the end of every month, an outstanding is recorded, and a bill is provided for the electricity consumed. A solar meter is also used to measure the power generated. The converted energy is stored and then used by homes through the main electricity distribution panel. Battery Backup is not a requirement.
The Difference From Other Available Solar Panel Systems
- The difference from other available solar panel systems
- On-Grid is a cost-effective and more straightforward system to install as compared to Off-Grid and Hybrid Systems.
- Such systems mostly pay for themselves by offsetting the bills in a few years.
Solar power systems are the future of clean, reliable, and renewable power solutions. Setting up a Solar System is valuable for the environment and humanity themselves. Thus, moving forward towards the future with Solar energy is one of the decisions for us.